The Eyes of Project Bokuho: My History In Fighting Games (Part three)


It's been a while since I posted about my history on fighting games, so I thought I'd continue doing so.

Transcending History, And The World...
A few weeks later, my father, two brothers and myself went to GameStop to browse for some games that might interest us. Believe it or not, we've picked the right time doing so because they shipped in some new games earlier that morning. There were a lot of games that looked really cool, and that's when I found an actual copy of Soulcalibur II. This wasn't the first time that I seen this game, because I saw it on several magazines before. I thought this would be my only opportunity to buy it for myself, so I threw out my cash.


Finish Him!!!
Once I got my copy of Soulcalibur II, my older brother purchased Mortal Kombat: Deception. This wasn't the first time that I have played Mortal Kombat, nor would it be the last. Once we got home, we started playing it for hours. The Konquest mode was really addictive, hell, I could play it for months. I tried looking up Fatalities online, and that is what got me hooked to Mortal Kombat for years. There was nothing more thrilling than seeing some warrior pulling out their opponent's spine, or other body parts for that matter. The series was always known for it's brutal finishers and large amounts of blood draining out of people. I kept doing so many fatalities to the point where my father decided that me and my younger brother were no longer allowed to play Mortal Kombat...at least for now.

Many months later, I was busy playing Dead or Alive 3 since Mortal Kombat: Deception was hidden somewhere in my parent's room. Everyone else was eating lunch, if I remember, and my older brother and one of his friends came back from GameStop and introduced Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. My father wasn't surprised seeing the big smile on my face once the words "Mortal Kombat" were said. There was a new fatality system in the game, and we randomly found out how to start it while playing. Those were really good times.


Happy Birthday, Young Man.
December 7th, my younger brother's birthday. His birthday present? Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. Okay, at this point you already know what was going to happen. Days of figuring out the fatalities, unlocking some new characters and stages. This is where my small crush for Nitara and Li Mei began (So, I have a huge fetish for Asian women and hot female vampires. Don't judge me). The Konquest mode on this game was rather boring and not really "conquest mode" like. It was just some lame tutorial mode discussing each character. Other than that, the game was fun. I still have it to this day.


Goodbye, State of OZ.
At the end of sixth grade, it was time for my family to leave Wichita, Kansas and move to Texas. My father got offered a great job at city of Dallas, and I was really happy about it. At the same time, I was sad that I had to say goodbye to my great friends that I've known since I was seven. I was thirteen at the time, so it was rough for me and my younger brother having to leave and head to the Lone Star State.

No comments:

Post a Comment